Welcome to my day to day journal of having open heart surgery.

When I started this blog I was not sure if I would need surgery but after many tests and doctors visits I had valve replacement surgery on June 23, 2010. I was born with a congenital heart defect, a bicuspid aortic valve. My blog reads backwards (like all blogs)....not like a story in chronological order...so go all the way to the beginning (here) to read about my history and how this all got started.

Let me know you stopped by......leave me a comment :)

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Don't feel quite right...maybe it's Stress

I have been though a lot lately.....maybe more than the average person on a day to day basis but I thought I was doing ok.  I got a new job in March.....the first week I was there...the first day in fact, I got shingles on my face.  Had to be off a few days.  Then one of my twins was sick with the flu, we thought, but actually ended up with a ruptured appendix and in hospital for a week.  Off from work a little more but I did go EVERY day and just left early to go to the hospital which was an hour from work.  Ok there's some stress.....Then about 2 weeks go by and my heart is just not feeling right.  It was always in the morning.  I would get my shower, dressed, blow dry hair and get to my car and then on my way to work it would not be beating right.....or I would have this strange pressure in the center of my chest with jaw pain.  This really started happened every day.  So my husband decided I really should see the cardiologist.  We met with her and she ordered some tests.  They thought my BP was way to high...which is strange for me, I usually run about 120/70...that day it was 196/98 ....crazy.   So we bought a BP machine for the house and we could never get a high reading on me.  I even had one of the nurses at work (I work in a doctor's office)  and she got 130/80...so I think it was a fluke...but who knows.....anyway.....we will see what the tests reveal.

No comments: