Welcome to my day to day journal of having open heart surgery.

When I started this blog I was not sure if I would need surgery but after many tests and doctors visits I had valve replacement surgery on June 23, 2010. I was born with a congenital heart defect, a bicuspid aortic valve. My blog reads backwards (like all blogs)....not like a story in chronological order...so go all the way to the beginning (here) to read about my history and how this all got started.

Let me know you stopped by......leave me a comment :)

Friday, April 30, 2010

...not just in the morning anymore


Ok, this has turned into an all day event now.....I have better moments but I am not doing great.  Dan (husband) really wants me to go to Ocean City this weekend and visit my parents. They had moved into a new house and I still had not been down.....but I really just don;t feel like myself.  I am so tired and exhusted.  My heart is always doing PVC's and I have trouble catching my breath.   But I went.  I was glad to be there once I was there but my ankles and feet told a different story.  My ankles were soooo swollen from sitting for so long in the car (3 1/2 hours).  I went to bed around midnight and my ankles looked worse than before.  The swelling moved down into my feet by sunday and even my toes were touching each other....it was awful..I had to get back into the car and come all the way home sunday afternnoon.  I did enjoy myself...we went to the beach, out to a seafood dinner with my parents and my aunt and uncle but I have to wonder if everyone knew how tired I was......

No comments: