Welcome to my day to day journal of having open heart surgery.

When I started this blog I was not sure if I would need surgery but after many tests and doctors visits I had valve replacement surgery on June 23, 2010. I was born with a congenital heart defect, a bicuspid aortic valve. My blog reads backwards (like all blogs)....not like a story in chronological order...so go all the way to the beginning (here) to read about my history and how this all got started.

Let me know you stopped by......leave me a comment :)

Monday, May 24, 2010

Chest CT...maybe the last test?

This morning I went for my Chest CT.  The easiest and less evasive test so far.   I did not even have to get undressed.  I think my chest xray had shown some enlargement, so the surgeon wanted a better look.  I hop the results are there in time for my appt with the surgeon on Wed.   I feel like the final decision will be made on Wednesday.  

As far as how I feel, not great.  Out of breath even if I do the simplest things.  This morning I woke up in a bad position...on my side.  I felt alot pressure and rapid breathing when I woke up.  Actually I think it woke me up. 

No comments: