Welcome to my day to day journal of having open heart surgery.

When I started this blog I was not sure if I would need surgery but after many tests and doctors visits I had valve replacement surgery on June 23, 2010. I was born with a congenital heart defect, a bicuspid aortic valve. My blog reads backwards (like all blogs)....not like a story in chronological order...so go all the way to the beginning (here) to read about my history and how this all got started.

Let me know you stopped by......leave me a comment :)

Friday, May 7, 2010

My Echo

They could not get me in for an Echo until May 7th.  I think it is crazy how they are stretching this out for so long.   But I had it today.  Dan went with me and the tech was very sweet with me.  After it was over he spent ALOT of time with me.  He showed me the pictures....got out a plastic heart to show me portions like the aortic valve and the aortic root.....how things are interpreted and calculated.  At first I thought that was so nice of him to take the time to do that......I even thanked him as we left.  But on the car ride home it hit me.....there is something wrong.....he would not have shown me this much stuff if nothing was wrong.  He had been my tech in years past and never spent anytime with me......so now I was alittle more worried.

No comments: