Welcome to my day to day journal of having open heart surgery.

When I started this blog I was not sure if I would need surgery but after many tests and doctors visits I had valve replacement surgery on June 23, 2010. I was born with a congenital heart defect, a bicuspid aortic valve. My blog reads backwards (like all blogs)....not like a story in chronological order...so go all the way to the beginning (here) to read about my history and how this all got started.

Let me know you stopped by......leave me a comment :)

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Delay Update

The nurse came out around 9am and said they are going to do the surgery at 10am.  Robin seemed to be in pretty good spirits.  The surgeon came in and talked to us briefly.  He said he thought it was take about 4 hours or so.  So hopefully Robin will be done around 2pm or so.  The Dr. said we will be notified when she is removed from the heart/lung machine.

No comments: