Welcome to my day to day journal of having open heart surgery.

When I started this blog I was not sure if I would need surgery but after many tests and doctors visits I had valve replacement surgery on June 23, 2010. I was born with a congenital heart defect, a bicuspid aortic valve. My blog reads backwards (like all blogs)....not like a story in chronological order...so go all the way to the beginning (here) to read about my history and how this all got started.

Let me know you stopped by......leave me a comment :)

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Update 3

Doctor came in and said everything went well.  Just had to replace the ascending aorta and her valve.

She will be asleep for the next 4-6 hours, they let her wake up slowly so they don't stress her heart.
The Doctor did say her valve was deformed badly.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Great news, so glad the surgery is over and went so well. Now our prayers continue for a speedy and complete recovery.
Thanks so much for the report.

Love and God bless to all.
Aunt Carol marie and Uncle Rich

Tammy said...

Dan thank you so much for all the updates today!! You did an awesome job keeping us informed and it is very much appreciated. We are so happy that it went well and is over. I pray she has a restful night. I can not wait to talk to her when she is out of the hospital. New beginnings for you and your family with a healthy Robin. Love to you all!!