Welcome to my day to day journal of having open heart surgery.

When I started this blog I was not sure if I would need surgery but after many tests and doctors visits I had valve replacement surgery on June 23, 2010. I was born with a congenital heart defect, a bicuspid aortic valve. My blog reads backwards (like all blogs)....not like a story in chronological order...so go all the way to the beginning (here) to read about my history and how this all got started.

Let me know you stopped by......leave me a comment :)

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

...the wait is almost over

Ok, today has gone by very fast.  My parents came down to spend the afternoon and evening with us.  My cousin and family stopped by for alittle while....so nice to see everyone.  I have said my goodbyes and shed a few tears.  I have a few pre op things to do, shower with special soap tonight and in the morning.  I have to finish packing my little bag of things I might need.  I have answered alot of emails and made some more phone calls......and I guess I am ready.  Still scared to death but I need to have it done and according to EVERY single person, I am going to feel so much better when it is all over.  So the next post will be from Dan....sometime tomorrow.....

No comments: