Welcome to my day to day journal of having open heart surgery.

When I started this blog I was not sure if I would need surgery but after many tests and doctors visits I had valve replacement surgery on June 23, 2010. I was born with a congenital heart defect, a bicuspid aortic valve. My blog reads backwards (like all blogs)....not like a story in chronological order...so go all the way to the beginning (here) to read about my history and how this all got started.

Let me know you stopped by......leave me a comment :)

Friday, July 2, 2010

I am back in the hospital

Last night, after dinner and my parents went home, I started coughing and air kept bubbling up. Making me cough and nausea. I was very bad. We called surgeons office
And she gave us a choice of coming in to an emergency room
Or trying to wait it out and see how it goes. Well. I could not stop the bubbles or coughing. So dan decided to take me to stafford hospital. **** a bad choice****. We were transfer by ambulance to fairfax. I got here around 4 am. Had another chest ct and a chest xray. Also did a abdominal ct. No word yet but they are ruling out and infection in the fluid buildup on my sternum


UPDATE:
2 surgeons came in and after reviewing the tests they do see fluid around the aorta and poss elsewhere( I will clarify that). They want me to have another chest ct with contrast this time to rule out infection. Neither seemed to concerned and I feel so much better. A little morphine and antibiotic drips have done wonders! So they are keeping me another night. I am sure they will let me go in the morning unless the test shows something worse.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robin
Sorry you had to make a return trip to the hospital but if there are problems that is where you need to be. I hope that your stay will be short and that you continue on the road to a full recovery. You take care don't let this setback discourage you. You have done an outstanding job.
God bless
Aunt Carol Marie

David Beckham said...

I am very happy to see your blog, very good article for audience,

Each year, cardiac complications and diseased occur within 30 days after major non cardiac surgery in more than 10 million people worldwide.

Today, however, the tether is fraying. How can we use technology to bring Cardiologist database in USA closer to patients rather than making them more remote?

Small tips to avoid heart attack

• Take responsibility for your health. ...
• Know your risks. ...
• Don't smoke or expose yourself to second-hand smoke. ...
• Maintain a healthy blood pressure. ...
• Monitor your cholesterol (blood lipids). ...
• Limit your calories. ...
• Make exercise a daily habit. ...
• Pick your pills wisely.

katie said...

India Health Tour is a online platform that provides medical second opinion, Medical tourism for international patients, Information on treatment for heart problems . Visit :- http://www.indiahealthtour.com/treatments/cardiology/valve-repair-surgery.html