Welcome to my day to day journal of having open heart surgery.

When I started this blog I was not sure if I would need surgery but after many tests and doctors visits I had valve replacement surgery on June 23, 2010. I was born with a congenital heart defect, a bicuspid aortic valve. My blog reads backwards (like all blogs)....not like a story in chronological order...so go all the way to the beginning (here) to read about my history and how this all got started.

Let me know you stopped by......leave me a comment :)

Monday, June 21, 2010

...less than 48 hours to go......

ok...so here I am on Monday...less than 48 hours from surgery.  I would love to say I am feeling great and all is wonderful, but really that is not the case.  I am on this heart med, Amiodarone, and it gives me kinda a sick feel to my stomach.  Although, I do have times when it goes away.  I have to take this all the way up to the morning of surgery.  I also took one xanex yesterday in hopes to take the edge off.  Ok I don't think that is working at all.  I wanted to do something with the kids today...like the community pool or something but the heat is too much and I am so tired.  I woke up at 6am this morning and went back to take a "nap" at 10:30.  Back up at 12......this is just not good. 

My parents are coming tomorrow and my sister's flight is tomorrow evening.  I feel the waiting is too much.  I am going to get my little bag packed up this afternoon...I really don't think I need much.  We have worked out all the plans for the kids.  I guess I am just waiting........

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Good luck with the surgery! I just talked to my surgeon today and am having the CT scan on Thursday to see if I need a root fix too.

I haven't much worried until today, but I'd rather have everything done! My big decision now is mechanical or biological valve. The surgeon didn't know what HE would do!

Again - stay tough!

Carol said...

Good Morning Robin,
Hopefully the time will pass quickly now the day before your surgery. Happy to hear you will surrounded by family and lots of love and support to get you all through the next several days. Remember that love and support is far reaching as so many of us are with you in spirit through our love and prayers. Best wishes for what will be successful surgery and a speedy and complete recovery. Much love to you and Dan.
Love & God bless
Aunt Carol Marie